compensation: Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications with fantastic benefits employment type: full-time job title: HVAC Telecom Technician
QR Code Link to This Post
Join the nation’s leading service provider for critical telecom, network infrastructure, and renewable energy. With over 2,000 team members, operating out of 25 offices throughout the country and servicing over 50,000 unique locations, Pearce provides a comprehensive service experience to our customers by offering a wide range of telecom and renewable energy services and expertise. With our powerhouse team, comprehensive service offerings, and national footprint, we are the nation’s most desired strategic partner for telecom and renewable energy assets maintenance, repair, and repowering. Just as we focus on our customers, we are committed to supporting an inclusive environment where our employees authentically thrive and do impactful work. Learn more about Pearce at www.Pearce-Services.com.
Pearce is seeking a skilled HVAC / Telecom Technician to join our team. The technician is responsible for performing field service maintenance, remedial, and emergency repair on telecommunication and data centers, relating to HVAC equipment.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintaining commercial cooling systems on cell tower cooling units – diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, or installing and replacing components of entire systems.
• Performing additional maintenance or upgrades on out-of-season equipment.
• Ability to demonstrate competency with installation and diagnostics to ensure the completion of services professional level.
• Replace or install forced air heating, air conditioning systems.
• Replace or install complete hydronic heating systems or refrigeration equipment.
• Install or replace duct systems in telecommunication shelters.
• Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
• Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
• Layout and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram.
• Troubleshoot low voltage control systems.
• Understanding of underground gas monitoring, system, (AKA, Sierra 2400, Sierra 2450, Quest control systems).
• Complete all necessary safety and technical training provided by Pearce Services.
• Maintain safe work practices as outlined in the Pearce Services Safety Manual.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
• Prior experience with underground CEV (Controlled Environment Vault) (preferred).
• Able to read and understand electrical ladder schematics.
• Basic plumbing knowledge of sump pumps.
• Possess strong knowledge of pumps, dry coolers, and cooling towers.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
• Knowledge of HVAC codes and their proper application
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and by email.
• Must have the ability to be on call and travel extensively for work when needed is highly preferred.
• Extensive daily travel with independent work structure.
• Able to work solo for long periods of time and with a project team.
• Universal refrigerant card (include 410a) EPA 608. Types 1, 2, and 3.
• PC skills with emphasis on Microsoft and internet products.
• Understanding of telecommunications and data processing operations.
• Compliance with FCC/FAA/EPA/OSHA Regulations.
• Ability to read and understand general job-related documents.
• Previous construction and/or construction industry experience (preferred)
WHAT WE OFFER
Join the country’s largest national independent services company that will provide you with the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. Pearce offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), PTO/Holidays, and a company-matching 401(k) Retirement plan. Also provided are a company vehicle, phone, laptop, or tablet (as required for your role), and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Pearce believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pearce is a drug-free company. Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check, motor vehicle report (MVR), and pre-employment drug screen.
To apply: Send your resume to email@example.com